Updated August 21, 2017
Pray for the lost (8/1/2017)
David, Bryan, Steven, Shela, Henreatta, Unspoken, Lindsey, Lewis, Maddie, Makayla, Jonathan, Chris, Leah, Brady, Howard, my daughters, Kim, Casey, Sylvia, Cody, Bob, Carl, Patti, Mattie, Raymond, Kristine, Delores, Sam, Derrick, Johnathan, Megan, Eugene, Alice, Tammy, Bob, Craig, Phyllis, Eddy, Ricky, Bill, Butch, Edgar, Kendell, Colvie, Patsy, Gerald, Joshua, Cory, Rick, David, Michael, Andrew, Julia, Diane, Joe, Chance, Debbie, Katelin, Randy, Heather, Jim, Carolyn, Courtney, James, Zach, Gary, Susan, David, Melba, Stephanie, Amanda (saved 5/31/2017!), James Clark, Melody Bates, Alex Parritt, Dane Bowman, Donald Lang, Isaac, Donald Junior, Cathy Toure, Somba Toure, Moussa Toure, June, Becky and her husband, Michael, Ashley, Susan, Pete, Jean, Mike, Huey, Stewart, Mary, Natasha, Leroy; Steven, Bill, Keith, Howard
Prayer requests (8/21/2017)
- Stella Coleman had surgery Friday at Baptist Medical Center to remove tumors from her spine (8/21/2017). She is home now and in quite a bit of pain. Pray for pain management and an infection-free recovery.
- Request from the Food Pantry (8/14/2017): Please pray for Lydia Lumly who is having heart surgery.
- Sandra Sproles had knee replacement surgery Monday (8/10/2017). Please pray for her recovery and rehab.
- From Lori Rodgers (8/14/2017): Thank you so much for praying for my family. My parents' house miraculously closed July 31st, and the Lord has walked us through all the adjustments and things that need to be settled. I am so grateful for your prayers, encouragement, and example you set for me being in this faith community.
- Larry Price's friend has cancer for the third time (8/10/2017). He will not pursue treatment. Please pray for him and his family.
- Cecilia Baker's great niece, Regina, mom of four, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer (8/9/2017). Please pray for her family, her doctors, and for the best treatment.
- From Bill Allen (7/28/2017): Pray for my nephew Doug Yates and his family. Doug is dealing with a form of heart failure resulting from cancer treatments. His prognosis bad he and his family are facing difficult decisions. Please pray for his wife Teresa and daughters Kelli and Kassidy, my sister Gaye Yates, and the doctors and medical personnel who will be treating Doug.
- Pray for Lisa Johnson's brother Howard (7/25/2017). He has a bad heart valve causing blood to back up in his lungs. He is an atheist. Pray that God will use this to steer him in the right direction.
- Reagan Sweet's heart catheterization showed little change (7/19/2017). She will have another catheterization in six months. Pray for a miracle that her heart would be healed before a transplant is needed.
- Norm O'Brien asked us to pray for his sister Shelby Glaze in Truman, Arkansas (7/16/2017). She had a recent fall with severe bruising and he is concerned for her. She lives alone, has had five heart stents, and is on oxygen.
- Isaiah McVay, 4 years old, is dealing with arthritis in his knee (7/3/2017). Please pray for healing.
- Lisa Johnson asked us to pray for Jerry Taylor who has malignant colon cancer (6/14/2017).
- Please pray for Chad Edwards as he recovers from liver cancer surgery (6/13/2017).
- Glenda Taylor asked us to pray for Susie Thompson (6/10/2017). Susie has been battling breast cancer for years. She was accepted into a clinical trial using a treatment that has never been used on humans. She is a Christian and is not ready to give up.
- Julie DeLeon's husband Carlos was denied asylum but now has an opportunity to appeal before a panel of judges. Please continue to pray for a good outcome for the family.
- Glenda Taylor's friend, Karen Smith, asked that we pray for her due to a new diagnosis of renal cell cancer (6/4/2017).
- Wanda Edwards asked us to pray for her husband Jay (5/17/2017). He has a high Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) number.
- Becky Baber has been placed on the kidney transplant list (3/27/2017). Average waiting time is 23 months. Pray for healing!
- Lisa Layton's son Tyler Campbell deployed to Afghanistan (2/23/2017). Keep him and fellow soldiers in your prayers please.
- Please pray for Elaine Shewmake, Stone Shewmake's mother (1/16/2017). She is battling a re-occurrence of breast cancer.
- Lisa Layton: pray for her father Robert "Ben" Carson--that dad will know the LORD (1/8/2017).
- Glenda Taylor asked us to pray for her brother-in-law Chuck Terrell (9/18/2016). He has a rare bone marrow cancer.
- From Denise Gatlin: Scarlett Vaughn has many physical issues. She has a swallowing problem, celiac disease, and pulmonary hypertension. Please pray for Scarlett, Gloria, and Jon as they deal with these issues every day.
- Caroline Spillers asks us to pray for her son Chris. He needs intervention from the LORD to make good life decisions.
- Kathy Walter asks us to pray for her son, Eddie. Pray for the LORD to intervene in his life.
- Judy Brooks asks us to pray for her son Jay. Pray for God’s council and blessing.
- Pray for unsaved and unchurched people in Independence County--pray for strength and courage as we engage in the harvest.
Other prayer needs (8/17/2017)
Lydia Lumly (heart surgery)
Mickey Sharp (shoulder surgery)
David Parker (knee surgery)
Sandra Sproles (knee replacement surgery)
Cecilia Baker’s great-niece Regina
Peggy Insell (Judy Allen’s cousin)
Sylvia & Kaydence, granddaughters of Mat Sharp
Doug Yates (Bill Allen’s nephew)
Glynn Fuller (Kevin Smith’s grandfather)
Dorothy Mills (Bernice Davis’ sister)
Lisa Johnson’s brother, Howard
Kathy Walter’s great-nephew, Evan
Norm O’Brien’s sister, Shelby Glaze
Russell Adams, Jr.
Ernestine Dedmon (Zelda Price’s friend)
Jack Presley (Helen McDoniel’s son-in-law)
Coelene Doyle (Zelda Price’s friend)
Jonathan Harris (Zelda Price’s friend)
Susan Alfred (Mary Ann Haley’s daughter)
Pray for long-term prayer needs (8/17/2017)
- Becky Baber, John Baker’s mother, Jo; Ken & Ina Bolton, Dwight & Rachel Branstetter, Doyle Branstetter, Lee Roy Brewer, Judy Brooks' great granddaughter, Chloe; Ben Carson, Catherine Cliff, Stella Coleman, Wil Davis, Tommy Dobbs, Bob & Dodie Dolan, Brandi Downs, Anna Eaton, Chad Edwards, Gary Edwards, Tom Fairchild, Glenn Foster, Shane Goings, Inez Helm, Jim Hoskinson, Sonny Huddleston, Joan Kallsnick, Hazel Lee, Debbie Luker, Merrill & Pat Marshall, Joseph Martin, Sharon & Chip Melton, Darren McVay, Isaiah McVay, Mary Miller, Jurl Mitchell (Vicki Lowery’s uncle); Nita Moore, Tom & Pauline Nail, Barbara Peterson, Lori Rodgers’ parents; Addison Russell, Douglas & Shirley Shaw, James Smith, Reagan Sweet, Rev. Chuck Terrell, Susie Thompson, Shirley Tomlinson, Anna Lou Weathers.
Nursing Homes and Assisted Living 8/1/2017)
Charles Marable, Elwanda King, Ernie Daniel, John Ed & Frankie Smith, Thelma Parker, Nancy Powell, Tim Kelly, Maxine Butler, Lorene O’Daniel, Marcella Mathis, Susan Causey, Gearline Whitener, Carol Runyan, Paul Henry, Tommy Dobbs, David Wesley.