Updated October 16, 2017
Pray for the lost (10/1/2017)
David, Bryan, Steven, Shela, Henreatta, Unspoken, Lindsey, Lewis, Maddie, Makayla, Jonathan, Chris, Leah, Brady, Howard, my daughters, Kim, Casey, Sylvia, Cody, Bob, Carl, Patti, Mattie, Raymond, Kristine, Delores, Sam, Derrick, Johnathan, Megan, Eugene, Alice, Tammy, Bob, Craig, Phyllis, Eddy, Ricky, Bill, Butch, Edgar, Kendell, Colvie, Patsy, Gerald, Joshua, Cory, Rick, David, Michael, Andrew, Julia, Diane, Joe, Chance, Debbie, Katelin, Randy, Heather, Jim, Carolyn, Courtney, James, Zach, Gary, Susan, David, Melba, Stephanie, Amanda (saved 5/31/2017!), James Clark, Melody Bates, Alex Parritt, Dane Bowman, Donald Lang, Isaac, Donald Junior, Cathy Toure, Somba Toure, Moussa Toure, June, Becky and her husband, Michael, Ashley, Susan, Pete, Jean, Mike, Huey, Stewart, Mary, Natasha, Leroy; Steven, Bill, Keith, Howard
Prayer requests (10/16/2017)
- David Wesley was taken to the White River Medical Center Emergency Room with bleeding from a failed catheterization (10/16/2017). Please pray that the source of the bleeding can be found and stopped.
- Helen Parman is making progress and was moved to recoup in room 3346 (10/16/2017).
- From Renda Reynolds (10/13/2017): My son-in-law Jack Spellerberg did not get the good report we were praying for. Please continue to pray for him as he faces a cancer diagnosis, that peace and calm will overcome fear, and that he and Jamie along with his doctors will make wise decisions regarding treatment options. Thank you!
- Jim Hoskinson was admitted to White County Medical Center in Searcy, Tower 2, Room 2321 (10/13/2017). Medical tests are ongoing. He will be staying at least through the weekend.
- Paul Barrett’s mother broke her leg requiring surgery (10/12/2017). Please pray for her healing and recovery.
- Don Jackson was admitted to White River Medical Center room 4001 with cellulitis in his leg (10/11/2017). Please pray for his healing and the medical team treating him.
- Lisa Johnson asked us to pray for her husband's step mother, Becky Johnson (10/6/2017). She has stage 2B squamous cell lung cancer and will be seeing an oncologist on Tuesday.
- Update from Lisa Johnson about her friend Paige Brown's little boy Brier Allen Smallwood (10/04/2017). He is headed back to Arkansas Children’s Hospital for another surgery following an ATV accident. Please continue to pray.
- Please pray for a 48 year old man who received a diagnosis of inoperable colon cancer (9/30/2017). He has 3 to 4 months to live. Pray for God’s work in his life and the lives of those around him.
- Sandra Sproles had follow up surgery on her knee replacement to deal with scar tissue that has reduced her mobility (9/29/2017). Please pray for her rehab.
- Amy Fairchild, Librarian at Central Magnet School, asked for prayer (9/23/2017). Her oncologist told her that her cancer has metastasized to a spot on her back--plus other concerns. Please pray for her, husband Calvin, son Ty, and daughter Josie.
- Stella Coleman is home from Baptist Medical Center but needs additional surgery in a couple of weeks (9/24/2017). Please pray that her recovery is infection-free.
- Bill Allen's brother Don is recovering from gall bladder surgery (9/15/2017). Please pray for pain management and complete healing. Don has been through a really hard year.
- Ron Taylor's brother-in-law, Jimmy McWhirter in Mississippi, has pneumonia that is preventing hernia surgery (9/13/2017).
- Pray for Darlene Sowers' cousin, James Harper, who has severe colon cancer (8/30/2017). He had surgery September 8th.
- Mat Sharp asked us to pray for Billy Turner who has terminal cancer (8/29/2017)
- Please pray for Jodie Kirkpatrick (8/25/2017). She is having some health issues.
- Larry Cantrell asked us to please pray for his daughter-in-law, Gail Cantrell (8/24/2017). She is having medical issues.
- Larry Price's friend has cancer for the third time (8/10/2017). He will not pursue treatment. Please pray for him and his family.
- Cecilia Baker's niece, Regina, mom of 4, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer (8/9/2017). Pray for family, doctors, and best treatment.
- Pray for Bill Allen's nephew Doug Yates and family (7/28/2017). He has heart failure resulting from cancer treatments. His prognosis bad, and he and his family are facing difficult decisions.
- Reagan Sweet's heart catheterization showed little change (7/19/2017). She will have another catheterization in six months. Pray for a miracle that her heart would be healed before a transplant is needed.
- Isaiah McVay, 4 years old, has arthritis in his knee (7/3/2017). Please pray for healing.
- Lisa Johnson seeks prayer for Jerry Taylor who has malignant colon cancer (6/14/2017).
- Glenda Taylor asked us to pray for Susie Thompson (6/10/2017). Susie has been battling breast cancer for years. She was accepted into a clinical trial using a treatment that has never been used on humans. She is a Christian and is not ready to give up.
- Julie DeLeon's husband Carlos was denied asylum but now has an opportunity to appeal before a panel of judges. Please continue to pray for a good outcome for the family.
- Glenda Taylor's friend, Karen Smith, asked that we pray for her due to a new diagnosis of renal cell cancer (6/4/2017).
- Wanda Edwards asked us to pray for her husband Jay (5/17/2017). He has a high Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) number.
- Becky Baber has been placed on the kidney transplant list (3/27/2017). Average waiting time is 23 months. Pray for healing!
- Lisa Layton's son Tyler Campbell deployed to Afghanistan (2/23/2017). Keep him and fellow soldiers in your prayers please.
- Please pray for Elaine Shewmake, Stone Shewmake's mother (1/16/2017). She is battling a re-occurrence of breast cancer.
- Please pray for Lisa Layton's father, Robert "Ben" Carson--that dad will know the LORD (1/8/2017).
- Glenda Taylor asked us to pray for her brother-in-law Chuck Terrell (9/18/2016). He has a rare bone marrow cancer.
- From Denise Gatlin: Scarlett Vaughn has many physical issues. She has a swallowing problem, celiac disease, and pulmonary hypertension. Please pray for Scarlett, Gloria, and Jon as they deal with these issues every day.
- Caroline Spillers asks us to pray for her son Chris. He needs intervention from the LORD to make good life decisions.
- Kathy Walter asks us to pray for her son, Eddie. Pray for the LORD to intervene in his life.
- Judy Brooks asks us to pray for her son Jay. Pray for God’s council and blessing.
- Pray for unsaved and unchurched people in Independence County--pray for strength and courage as we engage in the harvest.
Other prayer needs (10/12/2017)
- Paul Barrett’s mother (broken leg); Jack Spellerberg (Renda Reynolds son-in-law); Lisa Johnson’s husbands’ step-mother, Becky; Sandra Sproles, Brier Allen Smallwood, Gene Tulberg’s father, Parker Cooper, Jimmy Reddock, Amy Fairchild, Rick Pool, Brandi Downs (Judy Brooks granddaughter needs kidney transplant); Don Allen, Jimmy McWhirter, Mike Keener, James Harper, Billy Turner, Gail Cantrell, Cecilia Baker’s great-niece Regina; Doug Yates, Glynn Fuller, Lisa Johnson’s brother, Howard; Kathy Walter’s great-nephew, Evan; Norm O’Brien’s sister, Shelby Glaze; Russell Adams, Jr., Ernestine Dedmon, Jack Presley, Justin Whorton, Coelene Doyle, Jonathan Harris, Susan Alfred, Jay Edwards, FBC Building Team, Worship Pastor Search Team.
Pray for long-term prayer needs (10/12/2017)
- Becky Baber, John Baker’s mother, Jo; Ken & Ina Bolton; Dwight & Rachel Branstetter, Doyle Branstetter, Lee Roy Brewer, Judy Brooks' great-granddaughter, Chloe; Ben Carson, Catherine Cliff, Stella Coleman, Wil Davis, Tommy Dobbs, Bob & Dodie Dolan, Anna Eaton, Chad Edwards, Gary Edwards, Tom Fairchild, Glenn Foster, Shane Goings, Inez Helm, Jim Hoskinson, Sonny Huddleston, Joan Kallsnick, Hazel Lee, Debbie Luker, Merrill & Pat Marshall, Joseph Martin, Chip & Sharon Melton, Darren McVay, Isaiah McVay, Jurl Mitchell, Nita Moore, Tom & Pauline Nail, Lori Rodgers’ parents; Addison Russell, Douglas & Shirley Shaw, James Smith, Reagan Sweet, Rev. Chuck Terrell, Susie Thompson, Shirley Tomlinson.
Nursing Homes and Assisted Living 10/1/2017)
Charles Marable, Elwanda King, Ernie Daniel, John Ed & Frankie Smith, Thelma Parker, Nancy Powell, Tim Kelly, Maxine Butler, Lorene O’Daniel, Marcella Mathis, Susan Causey, Gearline Whitener, Carol Runyan, Paul Henry, David Wesley.